A huge number of pedestrian crash cases enrolled in the past few years, and these numbers are still growing. This situation is still alarming for both public and law enforcement authorities. Now national highway authorities of the United States consider pedestrian safety as a serious issue.
According to statistic, almost 15 pedestrian cases registered every day in a year. Majority of the minor injury cases are not recorded. The real stats may be higher per day, but still, there is no perfect answer to this question. Here are some pedestrian injury and fatality Statistics report from the year 2016 to 2017.
- In the year 2016: 5987 pedestrian fatality cases and 70000 injury cases enrolled.
- In the year 2017: 5984 pedestrian fatality cases enrolled.
- 75% of the pedestrian cases occur from 6 pm to midnight.
- 33% of the pedestrian killing happens in the local streets.
- In 13% pedestrian killing cases driver blood had 0.08 g/dl alcohol concentration.
- In 33% of cases, pedestrian blood had 0.08 g/dl alcohol concentration.
- Texas, Florida, and California are at the top in pedestrian cases enrollment.
- North Dakota is at the top with 21% under age 15 fatalities.
- Hawaii is at the top with 36% age 70+ fatalities.
- 18% pedestrian killing occurred at intersections.
These stats are produced with the help of the Governors Highway Safety Association reports and from other departments such as Police, Hospital, transportation, and department of public health.